KOHNKE'S OWN - GASTRO COAT - Various sizesKOHNKE'S OWN Gastro Coat
Kohnkes Own Gastro Coat
Suitable for: horses who may be suffering from gastric ulceration or irritation, particularly due to low fibre diets
Gastric ulceration and irritation can cause a variety of symptoms in horses including girthy behaviour, reduced performance, wind sucking, picky eating, reluctance to canter, frequent drinking and slow eating. Saliva produced during the eating process helps to naturally buffer stomach acid, feeding high grain or prepared feeds that are sweetened or extruded can cause horses to eat quickly with reduced saliva production, resulting in a predisposition to gastric irritation or ulceration.
Kohnkes Own Gastro Coat contains sticky, chewy compounds that help to stimulate saliva production to buffer gastric acids. It also works by forming a protective coating on the stomach lining that lasts for up to 4 hours and contains vital nucleotides to aid in the regeneration of damaged stomach lining. Kohnkes Own Gastro Coat helps to stimulate appetite and may be given mixed into feed, by oral syringe or in a small pre exercise meal.
- Helps reduce gastric irritation
- Stimulates increased salivation to buffer gastric acids
- Forms a protective coating to protect stomach lining for up to 4 hours
- Provides a source of vital nucleotides to help regenerate the stomach lining
- Helps to stimulate appetite
- May be mixed in feed, given by oral syringe or as part of a small pre exercise meal
- Australian owned product
Directions: May be mixed in feed, given by oral syringe or as part of a small pre exercise meal.
- For in feed dosing: sprinkle 1 scoop (15g) per 100kg bodyweight into feed daily.
- For horses with reduced appetite: mix 5 scoops of Gastro Coat in 50ml of oil and give orally by syringe 15 minutes before feeding
- As a pre exercise meal: add the required dose of Gastro Coat to 500g crumbled alfalfa cubes and 2 tablespoons of limestone and feed 30 minutes prior to work or travel.
Created by Dr John Kohnke, an equine veterinarian of over 30 years experience with special expertise in equine nutrition, Kohnkes own supplements and horse care products are based on scientific knowledge to keep your horse looking, feeling and performing at their best.