Group 1 Feeds Feed N Win
A muesli blend containing steam flaked grains specifically formulated for thoroughbreds, standardbreds and performance horses. It’s a perfect feed for daily-trained horses in light to intense work and racing or competition horses. It can be fed alone or blended with other unfortified grains or protein supplements. Feed ‘n Win includes enriched levels of vitamin and minerals to support the nutritional needs of your racing or performance horse.
Our Feed ‘n Win is based on steam flaked; oats, corn, flaked barley and flaked lupins, black sunflower seeds, molasses,
calcium carbonate, vitamin and mineral premix.
Analysis as fed
|Max Crude Fibre||%||9|
|Calcium||g/kg 6||Selenium||mg/kg 0.6||Vitamin B6||mg/kg 9|
|Phosphorus||g/kg 3||Cobalt||mg/kg 0.6||Vitamin B12||mg/kg 0.05|
|Sodium||g/kg 0.3||Iodine||mg/kg 1||Vitamin K||mg/kg 6|
|Chloride||g/kg 0.4||Molybdenum||mg/kg 0.5||Niacin||mg/kg 74|
|Magnesium||g/kg 1.3||Vitamin A||IU/kg 8,096||Pantothenic Acid||mg/kg 15|
|Potassium||g/kg 5||Vitamin D||IU/kg 81||Biotin||mg/kg 0.1|
|Copper||mg/kg 41||Vitamin E||IU/kg 221||Folic Acid||mg/kg 3|
|Zinc||mg/kg 140||Vitamin B1||mg/kg 18||Choline||mg/kg 110|
|Manganese||mg/kg 140||Vitamin B2||mg/kg 22||Chromium||mg/kg 0.6|
|Light Work||2 – 3||3 – 4||3.5 – 4.5|
|Medium Work||3.5 – 4.5||4.5 – 5.5||5 – 6|
|Heavy Work||5 – 6||5.5 – 6.5||6 – 7|
Use the above feeding recommendations as a guideline, if in doubt contact a veterinarian or equine nutritionist.
- Introduce feed gradually over 7 a 14 day period and divide total feed into multiple meals.
- Measure feed in weight not in volume.
- Total daily feed intake (roughage and concentrates) of light to moderate working horses should be 2.0-2.5% of the bodyweight and for moderate to heavy working horses 2.5-3.0% of the body weight. Feed intake may vary depending on the age, workload and climate therefore monitor your horse’s body condition and weight regularly.
- Reduce amounts of Feed ‘n Win on off days.
- Fresh and conserved forages (roughage) should be provided at a minimum of 1.0% of the bodyweight.
- Ensure you monitor pasture conditions of your paddocks and adjust feed accordingly.
- Feed ‘n Win has no added salt. Supplementation with electrolytes is recommended during periods of heavy sweat loss.26