A palatable and nutritionally balanced complimentary feed formulated for feeding with forage to calves and growing cattle from 12 weeks of age onwards.
What will it provide my heifers?
- High quality protein sources for optimal growth.
- Balanced mineral and trace elements with added vitamins A, D3, and E to help maintain animal health and performance.
- Rumen buffer included to help reduce the risk of acidosis.
Typical Analysis as fed per kg
| NUTRIENT LEVELS
|| AS FED
||DRY MATTER AT 89%
|Min Total Crude Protein
|Min Crude Protein
|Max Equivalent Crude Protein
|Max Crude Fibre
|Min Crude Fat
|Max added Salt
|Added Selenium – all states but QLD
|Added Selenium – QLD
|Added Vitamin A
|Added Vitamin D3
|Added Vitamin E
What’s in it?
INGREDIENTS SELECTED FROM THE FOLLOWING: Cereal Grains and their By-Products, Legumes and their By-Products, Vegetable Protein Meals, Molasses, Fats and Oils, Urea, Minerals, Trace Elements and Vitamins.
- Feed to appetite to growing calves up from 12 weeks of age onwards.
- Provide straw or hay as a roughage source.
- Feed to growing heifers, at a rate equivalent to 1/4 to 2% of live-weight (0.25 – 2 kg per 100 kg live-weight), according to forage availability and quality until 3 – 4 weeks prior to calving. Aim for steady growth rates, avoiding extended periods of weight loss or rapid gain.
- Ensure fresh, clean drinking water is available.
- Follow on from Barastoc Calf Rearer Pellets or Barastoc Calf Meal, over a 3-day period, from 12 weeks of age. Introduce Barastoc Lead Up Pellets 2 to 3 weeks prior to calving.